I had to purchase it as olives and capers are two of my favorite things.
The subtitle of the book is "the secret ingredients of the Mediterranean table."
Greece. Italy. Here I come!
I do eat anchovies too. Don't be scared of using them. When you cook with anchovies, they break down and are almost undetectable but you kinda know they are there because they enhance the dish.
Luscious photos and delicious recipes, this cookbook begins with a detailed explanation of each of the three ingredients.
There were many recipes I wanted to cook for this week's Cookbook Challenge but I settled on Penne Salad with Three Herbs, Capers, and Tuna.Here are the ingredients I used.Adjustments that I made to the recipe are as follows:
* Doubled the recipe.
* Eliminated cilantro and basil as all I had was fresh parsley.
* Added olives. After all, that is what the book is about.
* Didn't use all the salt since the capers and olives are salty enough.
* Grated some fresh pecorino romano on top.
* Ate it right away instead of waiting.This dish was so delicious!I will most definitely make it again. It would be great for Fridays during Lent or as a summer salad.
Do you use olives, anchovies and capers in your meal repertoire?
than the sight of a woman making dinner
for someone she loves."
- Thomas Wolfe